Facilities Manager - San Francisco
Want to boggle the minds of a few thousand perfect strangers? Leave people elated, albeit wistfully recognizing they may have just ended the experience of their lifetime?
Great! Here at NPU, we are looking for a dynamic Facilities Manager to help activate and transform The Bay Area’s most iconic venues and public spaces. You will be responsible for keeping our venues clean and in perfect working order so our partners can create an awesomazing guest experience. In other words, this position is about delivering an excellent venue and fantastic service while working closely with the Production and Operations teams.
Who We Are
We are Non Plus Ultra — a passionate team of compulsive go-getters, resourceful rabble-rousers and community-building do-gooders. We activate historic, one-of-a-kind real estate properties by partnering with global brands, visionary artists, and community leaders to create unparalleled experiences. Iconic, timeless, unique… our venues include the storied Palace of Fine Arts and the landmark San Francisco Mint. We work with our partners to create incredible performances, elevated experiences, large-scale conferences, community activations, and mind-blowing events with some of the world’s largest companies including Facebook, Gucci, Pepsi, Refinery 29, etc. We trade in the improbable, dabble in the unimaginable, and go to the edge of what is possible for our partners — that is, after all, non plus ultra.
Who You Are
You’re a self-starter with contagious energy and a commitment to your venue. You are also a diligent planner, compulsive fixer, and team player. You set high goals (because those are the most fun to crush). You speak our language (which, importantly, does not have a word for ‘No’ but does have a seemingly infinite number of ways to say ‘Yes’). You have no time to waste complaining about what is broken because you’re too damn busy fixing it. You’re looking for a job that doesn’t dim your shine at a company that allows you to burn your brightest.
Digging it? Here are some more details.
- Oversee venue maintenance to make sure our spaces are event ready at all times.
- Delegating cleaning and maintenance tasks to team members or complete yourself if needed. Coordinate schedule of facilities staff.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, event spaces, and parking lots.
- Perform routine maintenance on facilities and make repairs as needed. Create and maintain punch lists for each venue.
- Schedule routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders.
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and team members.
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budget for facilities needs.
- Support Production and Sales Team with any venue or logistical questions and ensure venues are ready to start hosting events.
- Facilitate communication between all teams and partners to ensure any event related projects and repairs are executed and our events run smoothly.
- Work closely with the Production and Operations Team to complete related projects for events and clients, following up on progress and tracking budget.
- Assist partners with navigating Company’s logistical planning and budget process.
- Communicate the unique logistical requirements for each venue to partners;
- Wherever appropriate, introduce partners to NPU’s preferred vendors;
- Enforce third-party vendor compliance with electrical, engineering, license, security, insurance, permitting requirements, and other applicable city codes and regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in building or facility management (maintenance, cleaning);
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems.
- Proficiency with repair equipment and techniques.
- Event experience is a plus;
- “Just get things done” attitude;
- Obsessively focused on partner satisfaction…. perhaps subject to chronic bouts of need-to-be-liked syndrome;
- A self-starter that thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Have strong problem-solving skills and metrics driven;
- Detailed-oriented and organized to track and execute all opportunities well;
- Capable of designing/implementing processes (sometimes from scratch);
- Have a sense of humor and humility;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Some travel required between NPU venues throughout Denver;
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs, be able to lift 25lbs;
- Must be able to use computer, phone, sit/stand for a long period of time.
Hours, Pay and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience with potential for bonuses based on profitability;
- Paid vacation, health benefits and 401(k);
- Unique work space;
- Access to fantastic events.
NPU is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
OK, one last thing
Not a good fit? Then please share this. We don’t have to tell you. You know you’re awesome. Awesome people tend to befriend other awesome people. Pass this on, help us out, and introduce a friend to a possibly life-changing move. Sounds like a pretty solid minute, to us!